- 10 Dec 2021
- 1 Minute to read
- Updated on 10 Dec 2021
- 1 Minute to read
Server Density Integration Guide
Server Density, a hosted service, monitors servers and websites by creating real-time graphs displaying every performance metric across all systems. Integrate AlertOps’ alert management platform with Server Density to receive and respond to critical alerts through email, SMS, push notification, and phone alerts. AlertOps ensures that alerts received from Server Density always reach the correct, available team member by utilizing escalation policies and on-call schedules.
- From the main menu, click on Integrations and then select Inbound Integrations from the sub menu.
- Select the 'ADD API INTEGRATION' button, you should now be on the API Integration Detail page.
- Select ServerDensity from the pre-built Integration Templates.
- Enter a name for the integration. Select an escalation rule to determine the integration's escalation policy.
- Enter the names of recipient group(s) and recipient user(s).
- Click 'SAVE.' then, click 'COPY URL' to copy the URL endpoint to be used in the Server Density configuration.
Server Density Configuration
Create a webhook in Server Density Click here to view Server Density Webhook Documentation.
Alert Triggering Information
AlertOps will automatically create an incident when a new alert is received from Server Density with an IncidentStatus status of “false.”
If an alert with status “false” matches an existing Open Alert, AlertOps will recognize the new alert as a duplicate and ignore the alert. The alert will be recorded in the Inbound Messages table as “Mapped Appended.”
AlertOps will automatically close the same incident when an alert with an IncidentStatus status “true” is received.
Testing and Troubleshooting
Click here to read about Web API Testing and Troubleshooting.