- 28 Mar 2022
- 1 Minute to read
- Updated on 28 Mar 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Google Stackdriver Integration Guide
Google Stackdriver is a powerful monitoring, logging, and diagnostic tool that gives insight into the health, performance, and availability of cloud applications. Integrate AlertOps’ alert management platform with Google Stackdriver to receive and respond to critical alerts through email, SMS, push notification, and phone alerts. AlertOps ensures that alerts received from Google Stackdriver always reach the correct, available team member by utilizing escalation policies and on-call schedules.
- Navigate to Configuration ààAdd API Integration à API Integration Detail page
- Select the 'ADD API INTEGRATION' button, you should now be on the API Integration Detail page.
- Select Google Stackdriver from the pre-built Integration Templates.
- Enter a name for the integration.
- Select an Escalation Rrule to determine the integration's Escalation Policy.
- Enter the names of recipient group(s) and recipient user(s).
- Click 'Submit.'
- Click 'COPY URL' to copy the URL endpoint to be used in the Google Stackdriver configuration.
Google Stackdriver Configuration
Refer to Documentation on Google Stackdriver.
- Click here to view documentation.
- Click WebHooks, Now Click Add WebHook
- On the Webhook detail screen, enter the URL from your AlertOps Integration, give the web hook a name and click Save. You can send a test to AlertOps using the Test Connection button.
Alert Triggering Information
AlertOps will automatically create an incident when a new alert is received from Google Stackdriver with an IncidentStatus status of “open.”
If an alert with status “open” matches an existing Open Alert, AlertOps will recognize the new alert as a duplicate and ignore the alert. The alert will be recorded in the Inbound Messages table as “Mapped Appended.”
AlertOps will automatically close the same incident when an alert with an IncidentStatus status “closed” is received.
Testing and Troubleshooting
Click here to read about Web API Testing and Troubleshooting.